Human beings cannot avoid mistakes but we can reduce our mistakes.
New International Version 2011 Proverbs 3:13-20
Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed. By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place; by his knowledge, the watery depths were divided, and the clouds let drop the dew
New International Version 2011 Proverbs 8:1-22
Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice? At the highest point along the way, where the paths meet, she takes her stand; beside the gate leading into the city, at the entrance, she cries aloud: “To you, O people, I call out; I raise my voice to all mankind. You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, set your hearts on it. Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right. My mouth speaks what is true, for my lips detest wickedness. All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse. To the discerning all of them are right; they are upright to those who have found knowledge. Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom, is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. “I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion. To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have insight, I have power. By me kings reign and rulers issue decrees that are just; by me princes govern, and nobles—all who rule on earth. I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity. My fruit is better than fine gold; what I yield surpasses choice silver. I walk in the way of righteousness, along the paths of justice, bestowing a rich inheritance on those who love me and making their treasuries full. “The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old
- Wisdom is a builder.
- You can never go wrong because of wisdom
- God incorporated wisdom in creating the universe. If you are to create your universe you must have wisdom.
- Anointing without wisdom results in overtones and excesses.
- Wisdom will preserve your life.
- Wisdom is more precious than Gold. That then means our pursuit for Wisdom should be super zealous.
- Every area of life has the specific wisdom to it.
- Anointing can gather men but wisdom facilitates their staying.
- Even the unwise love staying around the wise.
- In every area, it is easier to deal with the wise.
- God is the initiator of relationships. In heaven, there are beings there. It was God’s idea that man not be alone.
- Life is about relationships. We must thus be keen to know who comes in our lives. Being keen on knowing what attracts others to us.
- Every relationship must be solving a problem. It must be helping us get along with something. Value addition.
New International Version 2011 Proverbs 12:9
Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food
- Do not be after crowds. Pareto principle. Be given to investing in the right people.
FACTS ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS
1. They affect our lives. Whether +vely or -vely.
New International Version 2011 Proverbs 13:20
Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm
- Any relationship we are in affects us. It can never be neutral.
- Mike Murdock; ‘Every relationship is either increasing us or Decreasing us’
- We must be ready to face the wrath of quitting negative relationships. Lest we live off with the wrong people and end up losing it all.
- The Bible is full of principles which if you break-are doomed.
New International Version 2011 2 Timothy 1:5
I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.
- There are relationships we cannot choose and there are relationships we can choose.
New International Version 2011 1 Corinthians 15:33
Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
- It is not good ppl that uncorrupt.
The righteous are the ones to separate.
- Blessed is the man that does not sit in the seat of mockers.
- The people that dominate your life have the highest influence in your life.
- God cannot give you a gift that will take you away from His presence.
2. Relationships determine your networks and your network will determine your net worth.
- Never marry someone whose network you do not approve.
- Joseph’s relationship with the Baker in the prison positioned him to rise.
3. Relationships demand investment.
New International Version 2011 Luke 6:12-15
One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God. When morning came, he called his disciples to him and chose twelve of them, whom he also designated apostles: Simon (whom he named Peter), his brother Andrew, James, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Simon who was called the Zealot
- Jesus invested a whole night to chose men who he would spend 3 yrs with.
- Never allow people in your life that the Holy Spirit has not approved.
- Learn to pray and fast.
- Anyone that is not willing to pay the price for the relationship, run away from them.
- I must invest quality for quality relationships.
- Do not spend time with people that aren’t receptive.
- The queen of Sheba traveled because of a relationship.
4. Every relationship has a purpose.
- Discover the purpose of each relationship.
- Some relationships are seasonal. You must understand seasonal relationships and permanent relationships.
- When you give your all to seasonal ppl they will one day use it against you.
- It’s better to marry late and marry right.